Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a 2008 mazda Cx7. I have changed the head. Head

Customer Question

I have a 2008 mazda Cx7. I have changed the head. Head gasket, water pump, ECS and thermostat. And cleaned the EGR. I parked on a incline and burped the system. At idle on the car does not overheat. If I drive it, it builds pressure and I can watch the Gage rise. I remove the cap and let the steam and air out it goes right back down. There is no coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. What else could this be. I hope it's not a cracked block
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

So unfortunately it sounds like it is something with the block/head/head gasket. I would recommend doing a block test. it's the test were you use the chemical to test for exhaust hydrocarbons in the cooling system. It is a fairly conclusive test. you can rent the tool from o'really auto or advance auto or auto zone. But it will be more conclusive. I am really sorry to tell you. i wish I had better news for you on that. But it is pretty much the only reason to build up pressure like you are talking. :-/

Let me know if you have any questions.

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Sonny