Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Door alarm will not stop beeping. when I pull the "room"

door alarm will not stop beeping. when I pull the "room" fuse it stops it when shut off, but resumes when ignition is turned on
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: it is door open/ajar alarm
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2002 MPV
JA: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started with OD light flashing. replaced neutral safety switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have tried to reset, removed neg battery... perhaps there is another reset?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there a way to disconnect power doors completely, and only open manually?
they have not worked for some time

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • A faulty door ajar sensor is one possible cause.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lets start again.
1. Overdrive On light started flashing. Auto trans shifting jerks with all shifts.
Switched out Neutral Safety Switch with a used one and it worked for a few days.
Problem has returned (with a new problem)
2. New Problem - constant beeping from rear drivers firewall. I have to pull "room" fuse to get it to stop vehicle is off.

1: Did you scan it to see which codes are stored? A flashing OD light means there are trans codes stored.

2: This beeping is it the warning chime in the car, the horn, or an aftermarket siren?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1. I don't have a code reader.
Is there a way to reset?
2. Constant beeping seems to be related to power doors. No aftermarket siren.

You can remove both battery cables, hold them together for one minute, then reconnect 30 minutes later to reset the computers. However this will not fix the problem. It will just hide it till the computer sees the issue again. Kind of like putting bubble gum in a hole in your boat, the leak is going to come back. The codes and issues will return with diag and repairs done.

The key in reminder switch at the ignition cylinder maybe sticking and telling the instrument cluster the key is always in the cylinder and causing the instrument cluster to signal the chime. Access this switch with the steering column covers removed and ohm test this switch with the key in and removed to see if the switch is opening with the key out. With the chime going off only one wire to this switch should be powered with the key out. See the diagram below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/keyin.png

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try and get codes if it will help figure this out,.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
beeping is steady two beeps per second
OD light & "slamming" into every shift (up and down) seems dangerous if roads are icy.

The codes would help

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do I need a special type of code reader??

It can not be a cheap generic one. It needs to be sophisticated enough to have access to the transmission.