john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech,shop owner
6149662

I have a mazda 6 2003 2.3L i believe. My right side axle

Customer Question

I have a mazda 6 2003 2.3L i believe. My right side axle broke two times..come to find out the car frame is bent a little enough that the axle will pop out if i drive..so basically the wont go through enough that thread catches the bolt when it goes through the rotor/hub its about 2"inches or a little bit under from going completely through. My question is can i put another madza type axle that is about two inches longer than the one on 2003 that can make up the difference. Please any answer that can help will be great i use my car for work and as of now i dont have a job because i cant drive to job sites.thanks
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 23 days ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

?you sure its the correct axle

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Well the mechanics ordered it..i guess they call up the parts store and told them what kind of car that it is..so from what i know i think so..did you see the pictures
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I just cant believe that i drove the car for 2 weeks and it just happen out of nowhere

is the control arm loose? any impact damage? did you match the new axle to the aftermarket? i did not get shorter...something happened

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
After looking under the car you can see the frame is a little bent but like you say how did it get shorter.and i seen the guy measure the axles it kind of look like it was a little shorter but nothing big enough where i would of been like yeah we need a different one..the picture i sent to you is how it looks...and yes far as i can see it must of been in an accident but seriously the car looks great out side of the passenger side so it didn't look like it was but in the front of the car it has a little dent but nothing where i would of been like im not buying this car...i just send picture of the driver side and the passenger side

is the control or strut bent or damaged?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Not that i can tell.seriously from my point of view everything looks fine but i guess when i go back tomorrow i can ask them but it doesnt look like it..but is it possible that another type of axle can fit it so it can make up the difference?

they would need to play match up....i would compare it to a factory axle...some aftermarket or reman axles are wrong