Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2009 Mazda6 4 cylinder engine. How do you remove

I have a 2009 Mazda6 4 cylinder engine. How do you remove the wire harness above the valve cover. I need to replace valve cover gasket.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

At the ends of the harness are inline connectors and the components the harness is plugged up to. Each of those has a lock that you press to pull the connector free. Once free the harness likely has push pins that lock it into place to keep it from moving around which you can pry free using needle nose pliers like a wedge. If there is a certain spot it is stuck at that you can not free, can you send me a couple pictures.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help. Rating is the only way I am paid from the deposit you made.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris