peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I went through a car wash that I have been through many

Customer Question

I went through a car wash that I have been through many times and when I exited there is a constant bell sound coming from the back latch. Help!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2016 Mazda cx9
JA: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to get this beep to stop. Everywhere is closed on sundays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely the latch or an electrical component in the rear near the latch had got some water in it causing this fault here.I have seen this occur before.In some cases you can place a fan in the back and let it dry out the area even if you do not see any water and see if this resolves the fault.In other cases this will have to be checked/tested to locate and repair the fault.This should be covered under warranty to be diagnosed and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete