Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Mazda 2007 CX-7--have had no problems with engine, about

Customer Question

Mazda 2007 CX-7--have had no problems with engine, about 47,000 miles, suddenly all lights starting flashing and loss of acceleration surging then regressing, limped off the expressway, had flat-bed towed to Mazda dealer....they are having trouble diagnosing...stating it may be a $9000 fix?
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Don't know...when it happened all lights across the dashboard starting flashing.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was flat-bed towed to a Mazda dealer. They have had it two days and can't figure it out. They only say "computers, modules, filters, modules, are being ruled out." If nothing shows up will I really have to dump this reliable low-mileage vehicle?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what else could it be?....they can't find anything but say cost to 'fix it' would be prohibitive. Any alerts or things I should be aware of before losing this vehicle...or should I tow it somewhere else for a second opinion?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Did the give you any code numbers? ask them what codes are coming up on the scan tool.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll get back to you next week? Or tomorrow? When they get back to me.Terrance
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Ok sounds good.