KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY QUESTION CORRECTLY
5629372

My fan in mazda 3 has stopped working. Fuse terminals have

Customer Question

My fan in mazda 3 has stopped working. Fuse terminals have 12 volts one side and 4.5 on other. Blower won't work.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Checked all fuses all seem fine. Do you know procedure for resetting ecu ?
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: Its a 2006 mazda 3 sp23
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Originally had a noisy fan pulling everything out to get to it. Disconnected fuse box under dash and put it back on fan was still working the next morning it wasnt working. Tried all fuses disconnected and reinstalled disconnected battery in hopes it was a minor electrical hiccup
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah it annoying the shit out of me lol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 month ago.

If a fuse shows 12 volts to one side but only 4.5 on the other the fuse is bad. Even if it looks like it is good, there has to be a small break in the wire. If the fuse was good it would have 12 volts on both sides of it.