Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

The Mazda condition did not improve with the Computer reset

Customer Question

The Mazda condition did not improve with the Computer reset using battery, nor was there improvement with the Throttle body approach. The engine is overloading with fuel. It will die at load speed or starting idle but also when pushed to a higher RPM, still not under load it will sputter and die unless I pump the foot feed and I can keep it running
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you have a scan tool to monitor the short term fuel trims?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no sorry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think it is time for me to hang it up and take it in I have spent a lot on this thing couple rip offs along the way let's just call it a day.

Okay, best of luck.