peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Thank you. 2013 Mazda CX5, key fob opens door but doesn't

Customer Question

Thank you. 2013 Mazda CX5, key fob opens door but doesn't start car. All electrical lights lit, radio works, a/c works (we shut all those down to save battery), but car won't start. Brake pedal is REALLY hard to push. . . brake not disengaging starter switch? Thank you!
JA: What is the voltage at the battery?
Customer: Normal battery - dealer replaced it a few months ago. Not sure the voltage, but car has been working for 15 months, other than this morning.
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to. . . haven't done anything yet, as daughter had to go to work. Car is still in her garage. . .she's going back at lunch time to try to push REALLY hard on the brake pedal to disengage switch, and will replace fob battery. Other than that, nothing else.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO I don't think so. Let me try these things first before we have a mechanic engaged. I'll get back to you - thank you!!! Excellent, thank you!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If pushing on the brake hard did not work to allow starting here this may be a fault with a brake switch needing replaced or possibly a fault with the electronic ignition switch as I have seen in some cases.This would have to be checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause here.If these are all checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete