peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My screen recycles and never starts all the way up. I tried

Customer Question

My screen recycles and never starts all the way up. I tried disconnecting battery cables, reconnecting and putting the card back in. Did not work.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: CX5 2016
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes... I am 100 miles from dealer. I took SD card out and put back in. No change. I pulled battery cables off and put back on. Then replaced card. No change. It starts up then goes back to the logo and restarts the same thing again.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this is an issue with the software in the radio/control unit itself needing updated or re flashed by a dealer.In other cases this is an issue with the processor in the unit itself with the entire unit needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.This will need checked into further to see if a re flash is needed or if it needs repaired or replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete