Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

I have a 2012 Mazda 3S. It has a remote starter which works

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Mazda 3S. It has a remote starter which works fine. However, when we bought the car (used), it did not come with a remote door opener/closer. I bought one on line but the locksmith who "cut" the key was unable to synch the remote that I bought to make the door open and close remotely. He says that the issue might be the remote starter which may need to be disengaged. I can live without the remote starter and would like the convenience of being able to open and lock the doors. Any thoughts?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.

I show Part Numbers:

4 Door
Retractable Type Key
BBM4675RY

FOB Type Key
BBY2675RY

5 Door
Retractable Type Key
BCR2675RY

FOB Type Key
BCY1675RY

IF you have the correct Key / Remote the Remote has to have the Transmitter ID Code Registered to the Vehicle
Use of Mazda Dealer M-MDS (IDS) Scan Tool has to be connected for Programming & Deleting ALL Old Transmitters
There is no Customer Input for Registration