Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

2000 mpv and radiator fan ceased operation ....what is the

Customer Question

2000 mpv and radiator fan ceased operation ....what is the check list I should go through ??
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes it has been overheating and I have checked the fuses
JA: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the assistance of an amateur mechanic (he's good and has fixed stuff before) Tried to locate radiator control module but 2000 does not have one .... subsequent models do ... called the dealership and was told that the job of the control module is done by a relay ..... found 7 of them but which one is for radiator fan?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No .... I think if we replace the fan relay it is a good place to start ??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

It is a pretty complex circuit. You have more than 1 relay for the cooling fan. They control different speeds. Here are 2 diagrams. Not sure which one you have. You can tell by the wire colors at the motor. Can you tell me the wire colors going to the motor?