Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Security system shut down, 2004 RX8, Check all fuse ok, Yes

Customer Question

Security system shut down
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2004 RX8
JA: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check all fuse ok
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes they good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Started when I change BATTERY
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will not turn on to acc Windows want go down door lock not working. All started when battery was change. The alarm went off for a few second then stop light work horn blows but nothing in side
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it uunfortunatly

Check the hood and door latches for being stuck open, open and close few times , locate the hood switch in the hood lock mechanism and lubricate with parts cleaner

You can try A master Reset but if there is a problem it want work, usually does if it is glicth or reseting the module

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician