Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

The engine turns over but won't start. I recently replaced

Customer Question

The engine turns over but won't start. I recently replaced the battery and the car has been sitting for several months.
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: No, it is like it isn't getting any fuel. No sputtering or such.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2003 Miata MX5
JA: Are you fixing your Miata MX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have done is replace the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 6 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, proper fuel pressure and good compression. In order to know why it will not start you need to check each one of these things to see which one you are lacking. If you can do that an post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.