sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have no power at all to the car, I went to start it this

Customer Question

I have no power at all to the car, I went to start it this morning and I turned the key and heard a loud pop like a circuit breaker noise when you trip one at home, and since then I have has no power at all, no lights, nothing turns on, I replaced the main relay fuse in the engine compartment because I thought that was the issue but it didn't work still no power
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It just happened there were no indication through out the week, or ever, car drive fine so this is really out of the ordinary
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2002 protege5
JA: Are you fixing your Protege5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have to, I tried jumping it nothing, checked the fuses in inside the car and engine compartment with a light meter and volt meter, took the battery to a parts store and checked out fine cranks out 12.46 amps, there was a lot of corrosion on the cables and terminals I cleaned them off but still nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a cable or connection issue. A poor connection will often cause the vehicle to go electrically dead suddenly when the key is turned to the crank position. It's going to take some electrical testing to determine what you have going on.

I'm assuming the battery has 12.46 volts? Do you know the actual amps it load tested at?