Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Went out to start my 2002 Mazda protege5 and turned the key

Customer Question

Went out to start my 2002 Mazda protege5 and turned the key and heard a loud pop like a circuit breaker noise and since then I have no power running at all, tried to jump the car but nothing, I have checked the fuses in the car and under the hood, replaced the main relay and still nothing, battery tests good, I don't know what the issue is please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  GDibs replied 1 month ago.

Do you have power to the large amp fuses in the engine compartment fuse box? sounds like one of the main fuses is blown

Expert:  GDibs replied 1 month ago.

Are you getting power to the coils when the key is on? how about power to the "engine" fuse in the dash fuse box?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tested the battery cables that connect to the fuse box and they tested 12.46 volts, and I checked the fuses as well and they were fine, now I don't have power at all to anything, nothing turns on, no dome lights,radio,windows,odometer is out all well, key fob does not unlock doors, or sound the alarm, I thought I was a relay as well but I did replace the main 100a fuse today and it did nothing
Expert:  GDibs replied 1 month ago.

Hummmm. Do you know which relay is the EFI main relay? if so, do you have any power to the terminals in the fuse box when the relay is removed?