Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Car won't start and key light keeps flashing, it is a key

Customer Question

car won't start and key light keeps flashing
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: it is a key light flashing and will not permit car to start
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2006 Tribute
JA: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No my daughter arrived at a friends shut car and now all this is ocurring to prevent car from starting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: need to find a solution she is now 205 hrs away broken down 21/2hrs away
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

If the theft light is flashing rapid fast with the key in the run position then it is the theft system to blame. The computer is not recognizing the key being used or the battery voltage is low. Is the theft light flashing fast with the key in the run position?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris