Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

It studders or hesitates when I'm driving, 2012 CX-9, No my

Customer Question

It studders or hesitates when I'm driving
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2012 CX-9
JA: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No my mechanic has replaced the spark plugs and the coils and the engine lights is still on
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No it hasn't stalled and yes he ran a diagnostic on it and it said the coils were bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mechanic suggested to have the transmission flushed
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 16 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can I get the code numbers that are stored?

Is a misfire felt when driven?

So far this is looking like a possible computer coil output driver failure or a fuel pressure concern.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry I don't have the code #'s and there is no misfire felt. It happens more when driving up hills and between 5th and 6th speed
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 15 days ago.

Is there anyway you can get it scanned or observe a scan tool while its doing a power balance test?

Have you ran a compression test.

I need more useful information so you do not buy and install parts possibly not needed.