sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Im using the same key as I always used and its it keep

Customer Question

im using the same key as I always used and its it keep turning off with the anti theft light blinking
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: I just replaced the 4wd sensor and thats when we started having these problems
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2005 tribute
JA: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no It is up and the shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I took it up there the only thing wrong with it was the 4WD light blinked non-stop and the ABS light was on but this problem with the Anti theft did not exist the mechanic just called me and said that he got the ABS light and the 4WD light to quit blinking but now the anti theft came on and when he looked up the code it said it was a bad key. however I have been using this key for 5 years
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it's setting a fault code stating the key is bad then it has almost surely failed. It's possible that there could be an issue with the antenna or module that communicates with the key but that's far less likely than the key itself. Do you have a second key to try?