Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Keyless systems inspiration required light came on after i

Customer Question

Keyless systems inspiration required light came on after i had my right rear passenger door replace
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Which fuse do i look for? Have not checked the switches
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2014 mazda6i grand touring sky active
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No at a body shop. They replaced the battery on the fob. Not sure whet else they tried. They don't know what to do so they want me to go to a mazda dealership
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 21 days ago.

Hi there.

I don't know whether you had the door replaced as part of an insurance claim or as a cash customer, so I'll try to address both scenarios:

Insurance Claim - contact your insurance representative and let them handle the situation - that's what you pay for.

Cash customer - tell the body shop the car came in without that issue. Since it happened while the vehicle was under their care, they are responsible for anything that's a direct result of their work. They need to either get that done or refund your money so you can use those funds to get the vehicle repaired correctly somewhere else.

For this door replacement to be done correctly, the procedure calls for the battery to be disconnected and all the wiring, switches and actuators transferred to the new door before reconnecting the battery - as it is, it looks like they missed a step somewhere in the procedure.

Best Regards.