GDibs, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master and L1 Technician

AT light comes on with 2007 Mazda 2.3 liter. Is it the TCM

Customer Question

AT light comes on with 2007 Mazda 2.3 liter. Is it the TCM module or the actual transmission?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  GDibs replied 1 month ago.

these models are known for TCM failure last time I checked they were on national back order. I am not certain what your problem is but I suspect it is random shift solenoid code(s) or maybe some random shifting issues and at the same time you lose the gear positon indication on the dash? Very difficult t prove when the problem is intermittent. If you have more details I am willing to try and help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had some of the solenoids replace but the system still acts up. When driving the car it will change all the way to 3rd gear but not any of the higher gears. It will stay in limp mode. When the error is cleared it will drive for a little while fine and then drop to third gear. I see online that there are rebuilt tcm for a good price...just need to send in your original tcm. I appreciate your help.
Expert:  GDibs replied 1 month ago.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about the rebuilt TCM's but sounds like that is what you need based on your description. Did you check with a Mazda dealer to confirm if they were on back order?