sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I lost my keys... no, model323 from 2001, i need the

Customer Question

i lost my keys...
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: model323 from 2001
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i need the imobilizer code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you obtain a new key or do you have a second set of keys already?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i need the immo code for the key

Have you checked to see if a dealer will give you this code at all?Whats your vehicles VIN number?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the dealer dont know....
VIN: JMZBJ14M201432266

O.k. looking at the VIN unfortunately I do not have access to this code myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The immobilizer code has to be looked up by a dealer. I'm not sure what transpired at the dealer but they can look the code up. They can look it up using the VIN and if you provide proof of vehicle ownership they will normally supply you with the code, but many dealers' policies do not allow the release of the immobilizer code for security and liability reasons. If they told you they 'didn't know' it was most likely because they wanted to you to tow it there for repair or their policy was not to release the code.