peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Got a code P1744 on my 99 mazda 626 lx 2.0l motor. does not

Customer Question

got a code P1744 on my 99 mazda 626 lx 2.0l motor. does not shift into third
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: yes there is some leakage. i was gona clean it and put some dye in the transmission to see where its at. i just changed fluid yesterday hoping itll fix it. and odometer reads 179k
JA: Are you fixing your 626 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im trying to. and as of right now all i did was change the fluid. old fluid was pretty dark but i forgot to smell or look for any metal debis
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well i wanted to know where i could find the tcc solenoid i wanted to look at the wiring and test the resistance. and i wanted to know how much resistance is it supposed to show?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Code P1744 will set when there is excessive slip within the transmission.Below is the diagnostic procedure that will need followed to locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete