peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My driver side door wont open i have open the door panel and

Customer Question

hi my driver side door wont open i have open the door panel and played around with the rods disconnected the main rod
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: mazda 6 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: opened the door panel pulled on both rods disconnected the rod connected to the handle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this type of fault here is caused by a faulty door latch needing replaced.I have seen several door latch failures before cause this here.Usually the door paneling has to be pulled back or removed as best as possible ( and in some cases this can damage the paneling to where it would need repaired or replaced after) then the latch can be accessed to try and trigger manually to open then the latch replaced.

In some cases I have had to cut out the latch to get the door opened then replace it unfortunately.I have also used a lock smith which in some cases they can use their tools to open the latch to then replace it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete