Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import

2009 mazda 6 alarm goes off for no reason. Yes, Mazda 6, I

Customer Question

2009 mazda 6 alarm goes off for no reason.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mazda 6
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I never tried fixing it myself other than trying to manually lock it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Okay good morning to you and thank you for using justanswer.

The best and most cost effective and sure way to check why your car is doing this is to get hooked up to a Mazda diagnostic scan tool .

This tool has a memory file for such a problem that will store malfunction codes in the VSM .(Vehicle security module)

Most common issue is a faulty drivers door locking actuator .also common is the hood switch.

But this will be made clear what has failed with the scan tool diagnostic check.

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was hoping something less expensive something perhaps i could do or someone who is mechanical?