peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My mazda 626 2.5 6 cylinder 1998 cranck but no start

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It just cranks but it won't start. I changed the pump, cables and nothing seems to work.

I apologize for the delay.

If you have the correct fuel pressure and can hear the pump kick on it is possible the crank sensor has failed on your engine.This is a common component located at the front lower part of the engine as shown as #6 below.In some cases it can be checked using a scan tool to monitor engine rpm signal while cranking over the engine.If there is no rpm signal on the scan tools data list this usually indicates the crank sensor is at fault needing replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fabn43qppiqcp5y/cranks-09-15.gif?dl=0

I would have this tested to see if this is the cause here.If you have not had the fault codes checked this should be done to see if any codes are set needing diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It had the EGR code but i never changed it. . . could it have something to do with that ?

Is the EGR code still coming up with this issue here?