Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

My cx9 has a leak in the passenger side floor and I think

Customer Question

My cx9 has a leak in the passenger side floor and I think that's the Ac drain being clogged. Now I have tried to unclog it and got some water out but it much still have a clog because the leak is still happening and now the front Ac vents are not blowing. The back ones are working fine
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: Under the dash on passenger side
JA: What year is your CX-9?
Customer: Yes it is water
JA: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 07
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got under the car and found the Ac evaporate drain and tried with a shop vac at the drain to suck the water out and unclog it. This got a LOT of water out but still having problems so there must still be a clog
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

When you say the vents aren't blowing, do you mean the blower motor has stopped working?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure. I know the Ac itself works because the back vents work properly. I just know since this started now the front vents will not blow air through them.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe a fuse?? Is that possible?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Ok

Yes, it's very possible it blew a fuse.Especially if it's full of water in there. If the water actually gets to the blower motor it will take out the fuse as well as the blower motor. I think I would pull the blower motor out to see if there is any water at it's level in the box. If there is it could be the problem. As for the drain, if it's possible for you to do it, try running a coat hanger up it. Sometimes they work very well for clearing any blockage. Give me a few moments to locate the blower fuse on your model. I suspect it's under the hood in that box if you want to take a look while I am trying to find the info. It should be labeled on the cover.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

looks like there should be a fuse labeled HTR under the hood. This is a large 50 amp fuse.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's not one of the fuses behind the panel in the globe box? A blower relay?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Typically the relay won't fail before the fuse. You have 2 powers to the relay, the heater fuse under the hood and the ignition switch.

At the blower though, you have the motor and the resistor. If the resistor has gotten water on it, it can stop the blower from working.

Sorry though, no fuses inside power the blower.