Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I am buying a car and I had a shop run the codes and B1342

Customer Question

I am buying a car and I had a shop run the codes and B1342 Faulty Control Module came up as well as U1901 Can Communications Bus Fault and U0073 U2064 U0200
Category: Mazda
Expert:  david craig replied 6 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what year, model and engine size?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
201 Mazda CX-9 3.7 V6 MPFI California
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2010

ok, thanks. allow me some time to pull up some info...thanks

THERE ARE MAJOR ISSUE WITH THE MAIN ENGINE COMPUTER, TRANSMISSION CONTROL COMPUTER, CAN BUS DATA LINES. COMMUNICATIONS TO DOOR MODULES, OTHER MODULES. MY ADVICE IS THAT UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING IT FOR FREE. DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT AND RUN AWAY

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The customer has been driving it for the past three years and it has been running fine. The lights are just on. It had sustained water damage during Sandy and the lights would never go off.

the customer is telling you that its been fine for the past 3 years. there is no way that vehicle doesnt have major issues. the computers dont lie and when they spit out a fault code it is because of a fault. the wiring is the main suspect here if it was in a flood and corrosion inside the connectors everywhere will be causing you grief.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The carfax says it was Salvage for Flood damage. the guy was upfront and honest with me. The lights that concern me are the ABS and the airbag ones. im worried it means the airbags and abs do not work

with those fault codes the abs and airbag lights would be the least of my worries. the guy wants to sell the car bot***** *****ne. if you do not want to take my suggestions then i will opt out and let another tech give their opinion.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am just trying to figure out what the issues with are with these warning indicators

i will opt out. its my opinion that you should not buy this car. good luck to you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You are right.. the ABS and airbags are disabled when a fault is detected so they wont be working.

I dont know where exactly your issue is but its going to be a wiring issue. Corrosion built up in a connector is the most likely culprit. You would just have to go through any wiring that got wet and inspect it.

Do you still have unanswered questions? Im not sure exactly what you are looking for here.

Let me know. I will be standing by. Thanks