peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2010 Mazda 5 the engine light comes on it bucks and

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Mazda 5 the engine light comes on it bucks and Carries On as you're driving it like it's missing a cylinder or not getting no gas he turned the air on setting st idle it spits and sputters and goes dead GoDaddy don't change the map sensor put new plugs and check the coil packs new air filter
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It is possible that one of the coil packs are the cause here still.Even if they were checked if they were not checked when it was acting up then the test results would have been inaccurate.I have seen what is called "coil break down" when driving when the engine is under load and had to replace coils due to this issue here.I would have them re tested if they were not tested when it was acting up.

If they were or are and found to be o.k. then I would have the fuel injectors tested.One or more injectors may not be atomizing fuel properly when driving under load causing this issue here needing either cleaned or replaced.This is a common fault that needs checked into,in some cases you can add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to the fuel tank at 1/4 tank and run to near empty and repeat to clean the injectors.In other cases they will need cleaned with a shops injector cleaning machine.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete