Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Where is the tranny relay fuse on my 2000 Mazda MPV it's in

Customer Question

Where is the tranny relay fuse on my 2000 Mazda MPV it's in lock out mode and the only gear I have is third
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

There is not a relay or a fuse for the transmission control system in your vehicle. When it is in limp in mode, then there is a fault in the system and will need to be scanned for fault codes. Possible causes include but not limited to one of the shift solenoids is faulty, faulty TCC solenoid, faulty control module, faulty torque converter clutch, restriction in the valve body

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where do u recommend I start?
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

the first step is have the onboard computer scanned for stored fault codes for the transmission. This will tell you the area of concern. Without having this done, you are left with guessing and throwing parts at it until repaired

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do they do it at O'Reilly's?
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

O'Reilly's Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts all will

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.