Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Rx 8 windows does not open when outside temp is hot when it

Customer Question

rx 8 windows does not open when outside temp is hot when it cools down windows will operate correctly
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: sorry for asking but the problem is with the electric window operation not any coolant leaking out of the engine
JA: What year is your RX?
Customer: 2006 i do live in south africa and it is hot in the summer never had this problem during winter time or driving at night only when the car stood outside in the sun
JA: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am mechanicaly minded have not done anything yet,just read a few forums on rx8 seems to be an intermitted problem on a few cars especially when the ambiente temp is hot ,thinking of pulling the window switches and test to see if the + does not fall away
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when driving the car on a hot day,driving thrue the gears up to 7000 rpm there seems to be a small jerk wondering if the fuel pump is due for a change but when tha car cools down it drives fine did change the plugs and coils about 5 months ago
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.