Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I DID NOT GET THE ANSWER IS BAD WHEN THEY DO THE

Customer Question

I DID NOT GET THE ANSWER IS BAD WHEN THEY DO THE ENGINE/POWERTRAIN COMPUTER /MODULE REPROGRAMMED?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 42,681 DODGE CHARGER 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO WE ARE GOING TO THE DEALER TOMORROW BUT I SAW THE CARMAX REPORT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE REPORT HAS COMPUTER REPROGRAMMED. ENGINE/POWERTRAIN COMPUTER/MODULE REPROGRAMMED. AND TRANSMISSION COMPUTER/MODULE REPROGRAMMED ALL THIS
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

I can not really tell what the question is your wanting me to address?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i want to buy a car but in the carfax report they say that they did this to the car computer reprogrammed, engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed, and transmission computer/module reprogrammed. i want to know if the car is already damage.and not good to buy it

Thanks,

No this is not a bad thing. When vehicles are built, they are sold. Eventually problems arise and they go to the dealer. The dealer makes the repair and submits it under warranty. Once the manufacturer notices these repeat repairs they look into the vehicles computers to see if they can adjust the program to prevent these failures. If they can then they release a module programming update that is to be done next time the car is in for repairs and in some cases they issue a recall for this programming. Programming is a good thing. It makes the car work better.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris