Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

Mazda will not start its stuck on securety lock, put new

Customer Question

mazda will not start its stuck on securety lock
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: put new battery changed the remote batteries too still wont unlock
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 2009 mazda 6
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was parked for 7 days had to boost it it started ran for the day tried the next morning wont start so I changed the battery and the remote batts still wont unlock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to unlock it just the dash lights come it wont let the motor turn over
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In most cases if the security system is active and will not reset the system will in most cases set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you get this resolved.