Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Will not idle. I have to keep my foot on the gas. It sat for

Customer Question

Will not idle. I have to keep my foot on the gas. It sat for 4 years. I got it off a friend that was getting ready to take it to the junkyard. Replaced injectors,sparks cleaned gas tank spark wires
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Don't know about gas mileage. Have to pay gas to start and keep foot on gas to keep running
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2000 626
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Sparks, spark plug wires, injectors, removed and cleaned gas tank, and fuel filter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. oh boy sitting that long and I bet was not properly stored with fuel stablizer and fogging. well then we have to reverse the conditions it has caused. install about two cans of STP gas treatment and octane booster into fresh fuel , remove throttle body and thoroghly clean it remove mao sensor and clean it as well.give that a try. hope this helps and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so