Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I have a 2008 Mazda CX-7, 100,000kms on the clock. Bought it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 Mazda CX-7, 100,000kms on the clock. Bought it second hand 2 weeks ago
Today it seemed to loose acceleration while driving, then the engine light came on, and the car basically rolled home with no power when accelarating at all.
When I got home, I put it in park, applied the handbrake, and heard loud ticking noises coming from the engine.
I popped the bonnet, to find the engine shaking rapidly, and the ticking noise louder.
I switched it off, then turned the key back to the Reds, the engine light, and oil light was on. I checked the oil level and it was full.
Please help with any suggestions on diagnosis, and will it cost me an arm and a leg to fix?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 3 months ago.

do you have a scan tool?