Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm looking to get a master key for my Mazda speed 6. I

Customer Question

I'm looking to get a master key for my Mazda speed 6. I think we tripped the immobilisation system. I only have the credit card keys and only one of them has an actual key
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: Yeah it looks worn
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2006 speed 6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If possible yes. I tried taking it to a mechanic and they swear it's all electrical but they wouldn't even try the security system
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We took the battery out and then put it back in and now it won't start
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is the theft light on or flashing when trying to start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
along with all the other lights on the dash

Does the vehicle have any kind of aftermarket alarm or immobilizer or remote start?

Do you own a scan tool?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It might have an alarm system but I don't think so. I had an access port hooked up but it won't connect any more

Have you checked for blown fuses that power the data link connector?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
all the fuses were good

Step one is to fix the lack of communication because its going to take a diagnostic tool to program the keys and theft system. Using the diagram below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/compdata.pdf

You will need to confirm power and ground to the data link connector then OHM test all the communication wires from the DLC to the modules then hook up the EDS and run a data link diagnostics.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris