peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2006 mazda tribute replaced torque converter now when car

Customer Question

2006 mazda tribute replaced torque converter now when car started works fine but as heats up wont pull
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Problem I was initially having was when I cranked car it would idle but die when I put in gear. So I would hold brake and rev up and it would go. Then it quit pulling all together. replaced torque converter and now with a cold start it works fine but when heats up stops pulling
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this new issue only occurred after the torque converter was installed there is a chance the replacement torque converter has an internal fault with it causing this issue here.I would check and make sure it was installed all the way properly and make sure all transmission components are connected properly as well.If this is o.k. this may be the torque converter itself or an internal mechanical fault with an internal transmission component that may have failed causing this here.The transmission would need inspected further to locate and repair any issues with it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete