peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

The doors will not lock (or unlock) using the manual key (as

Customer Question

The doors will not lock (or unlock) using the manual key (as the remotes stopped working years ago)
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: they worked this morning. The car had an oil change and some filters/coolants changed today. After that work, the locks failed. took it back to the Express Lube and they could not figure out what happened. This is my son's car who is driving it back to college tomorrow and it is filled with $1,000s of dollars of personal stuff. He MUST find a solution tonight.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2003 M3, hatchback
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have not trtied anything yet. yes we will attempt to fix it oursleves as shops are closing now.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: we are done with this mechanic.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is an urgent situation.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just got roped into a 6-month payment, after a "$5" offer, to JustAnswer. Whatever.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we have tried original key and key copy. neither work.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Update: The key DOES lock/unlock the drivers door. The issue now is that :
The lock/unlock (power) buttons do not work at all inside the car. And the trunk/hatch door does not lock at all. All the doors must be manually locked/unlocked using the manual buttons.
We check the fuses and all look fine.
Sidenote: The mirror adjust buttons fail to work at all.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with a control unit or relay at fault causing this issue needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail suddenly before in the past.If you can re check the year and model of this vehicle I can look into some bulletin and diagram info on this here to help locate the fault.The 2003 m3 isnt showing up as an option for me from mazda here.If this is the correct year and model let me know and if not let me know what year and model it is so we can continue.

Thanks Pete