peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have an 88 rx7 turbo that is i believe having choke

Customer Question

I have an 88 rx7 turbo that is i believe having choke issues. Dies when cold and when it does warm up engine speed jumps from 900 to 1800 on the tach. when running at normal speed does fine but when down to 30 it will surge. any helpfull ideas
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not checked over the engine for any vacuum leaks this needs done.If any leaks are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.This will cause the issues you see here.If this is or was checked and no leaks were found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete