peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I was googling an issue with my 2007 Mazda 5. The airbag

Customer Question

Hello Pearl I was googling an issue with my 2007 Mazda 5. The airbag light was on and it was flashing a "19" code (1 long flash followed by 9 short flashes). Yesterday the service centre replaced something called and SAS module and re-programmed it. However, it did not fix the issue and I am wondering if they misdiagnosed the issue.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: Not that I know of I would have to look, would this be the driver's side seatbelt latch?
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is at the service centre right now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is a mazda 5 not a 2.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the codes re checked since it was repaired to see what codes are setting with this issue now?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Pete, they initially replaced the SRS module, programmed it and that did not correct the problem.Now they have said it is the coil Spring and want to replace it as well. My concern, the cost is adding up.

It sounds like they are doing some guessing here however the coil/clock spring is one of the most common for this fault here.I would ask them if you can get the fault code from them that is setting with this issue here.If you can post that code info here so I can look into it.

I would also ask them if they will cover or help cover the costs for repair on this since it has been misdiagnosed and repaired by them and did not correct the fault here.Most dealers will usually help with pay or cover the costs when they misdiagnose a fault but may not do it unless asked.

I suspect they may be on the right track now as the clock spring was common but I would need to know the fault code set.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Pete,I will see if I can get the code the car was giving the diagnostics.Cheers,Link
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome Link.