Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Grandson has a 2012 Mazda 3. he replace the battery and now

Customer Question

grandson has a 2012 Mazda 3. he replace the battery and now has not radio, power steering. Im sure the computer needs to be reset but how do you do it.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

To reset a vehicles electrical system. You remove both battery cables, hold them together for one minute, then 15 minutes later, reconnect them to the battery. Can you try that?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It didn't work. They have talent it to a shop.

Do you still need help since you only asked how to reset the computer?