peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2006 Mazda 6. Parked the car and horn went on continuously.

Customer Question

2006 Mazda 6.
Parked the car and horn went on continuously. I pulled the horn fuse and then I could smell something electrical cooking in the interior. Now I turn the key and only the fan goes on. It won't start, the lights don't go on. Do have brake lights. I'm a college kid and don't have a lot of money. Do you know what this could be or am I in for a tow and expensive Mazda diagnostic.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely you are in for a tow to a Mazda dealer repair center or a local repair center in your area that works on this model as electrical issues usually are not to easy to locate or repair.

I suspect either the electronic ignition switch fried needing replaced or wiring in the steering column shorted out and the wiring will need inspected in the column and dash area to locate the damage and then either repaired or replaced from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete