peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2001 Miata, both the fog light switch and fog

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Miata, both the fog light switch and fog lights and the cruise control light and cruise control stopped working at the same time. Any fuses I should check or if not anything simple to check?
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The problem is also keeping me from passing the NY state inspection.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Has anything after market been installed on your model that may have caused this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Nothing after market

Inspect the Meter 15 amp fuse and make sure it is o.k.Also make sure the 15 amp fog fuse is o.k.If both of these are o.k. since they are on separate circuits from each other I suspect a possible wiring fault at or leading from the fuse panel that would need inspected to see if the issue can be located and repaired.Unfortunately I do not see any common issues on this model to help point out the fault with it.You would need to have this inspected further to locate and repair this issue and this may require a shop or dealer to do this for you with the correct diagrams and test equipment.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not helpful as I already checked each fuse.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete