Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

I had a lock cylinder replaced earlier this week and the

Customer Question

I had a lock cylinder replaced earlier this week and the shop had to give me a non mazda key to the new part and now it has triggered the anti theft system and cannot drive
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: Not that I can see. It was fine all the rest of this week until last night. I have left the battery unhooked in hopes of it resetting it
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2001 Mazda Tribute v6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping but not aure exactly what else to do other than unhooking the battery and leaving it a while, which dis not work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The key I was given is not an original Mazda key. It has foreign lettering on it. Other than that, not that I can think of
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.