peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Replacing factory stereo with aftermarket and there is no

Customer Question

replacing factory stereo with aftermarket and there is no sound
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: we are installing an aftermarket stereo
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2012 mazda cx9
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the stereo is turns on but no sound , we are using an interface module for the wires
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope just electrical
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet I would double check and make sure you installed the correct interface harness for your model here.In some cases two different harness may be made for vehicles with a sound amp and vehicles without a sound amp.If this was already checked into and found that you are using the correct harness let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete