Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda 3 S w/ 2.3 L engine try to start car, the power

Customer Question

Mazda 3 S w/ 2.3 L engine
try to start car, the power steering malfunction light comes on, car shuts off. tried to start again, it starts, light comes on again and shuts off... I am thinking power steering pump, but is there an emergency shut down if the car is not in gear? The car is a couple miles away and want to get it to my garage to fix without dealing with a towtruck
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also, i checked mazda recall sight, typed in my vin and there was a recall on the power steering pump, but the indication was that this was already addressed. would the pump be marked in such a way showing it was a replacement by the dealer?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the steering make any noises at all before the engine stalls out?

Let me know,thanks Pete