Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2010 mazda 3, and the air rarely turns on. when i

Customer Question

I have a 2010 mazda 3, and the air rarely turns on. when i turn the AC button on, I can hear the compressor turn on, but the fan doesn't. I have replaced the resistor, but that didn't cure the problem (actually, while I had the resistor out of the car the fan turned on. I could not get it to go on again though)
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: I have not. once in awhile when the fan does turn on, it blows pretty cold so I didn't think of that to be an issue
JA: What is the model of your '10 Mazda?
Customer: 3
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. I've replaced the resistor which seemed to be the most common/logical issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 140,000 miles on the car
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The problem you are describing can be caused by a failing blower motor. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Aug%2010.pdf