sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a mazda CX5 2016 went out in the morning, car totally

Customer Question

I have a mazda CX5 2016 went out in the morning , car totally dead not a single lite on.This is the second time in 6 months. nothing was left on.could it be that you need to lock the car everytime?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello Gabriel , my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

If you turn on the headlamps, do they come on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I said it was dead as a doorknob, not even the dash indicators, nothing. I called AAA they jump started it. Car works same as before, cant tell what's wrong. Last time this happened I had it towed to Mazda, did not find anything.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

I would start with having them recheck and load test the battery to be sure its will hold a load and also that the charging system is charging at 14 volts. If that checks okay then the next step would be to run a battery draw test. If the battery and charging system are checking okay then there has to be something drawing the system down and if its dying over night it has to be a very substantial draw.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I told you it was at mazda overnight, same as in my driveway every nite . this ts the second time in 6 months this happens.I will return the car to mazda, if there is no answer. Obviously you cant help me
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately if the battery is dead over night then something has to be drawing it down and with out checking it there really no way to know for sure. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps some one else has something different to offer.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?