Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

I have a b4000.I had new keys programmed.my battery was low

Customer Question

I have a b4000.I had new keys programmed.my battery was low and I took it out to charge.and now my car won't turn over or start.?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.

Hi what year is your B4000.

Greg

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
20024wheel drive
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.

Hi .

Normally when the battery goes dead and then recharging it you need to check that the battery has in fact taken on a charge ,

Hook up a voltmeter to the battery and check the voltage . should read 12.6 if the battery is fully charged .

any battery under 12.2 volts needs recharging or replacing .

If the battery is full thern with the voltmeter hooked up to the battery ,try and start but keeping an eye on the voltmeter ,if the voltage drops below 9.6 then battery does not have enough charge to start ..

Now if we have checked and seen that the battery is in fact very good then lets check the immo system .

Close the doors and then lock then unlock the door with your key ,then try and start .

Is the Car icon with a key in it on at all times ,if yes then the key is not getting recognized

and will not let you start the engine .

So how many keys did you have programmed if more than one try another key seen a lot of china made keys fail .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still can't start.no juice.brand new battery.anti theft light blinking bright..
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.

Okay if light is flashing with ignition ON then immo is active and will not start .

You will need a dealer or a local locksmith to come out and reprogram the key again .

If the new key was not original then i suggest you have it replaced with on OEM and have a spare one made up also .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
concurance all around.thank you for your help.