Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 2007 Mazda rx8 was sluggish cranking while I was taking

Customer Question

My 2007 Mazda rx8 was sluggish cranking while I was taking it to the mechanic. By the time I got there it was smoking under the hood and in the console where you put it in drive. It would only make it if I drove it in manual.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help

Was this an oil smoke or electrical smoke, or exhaust smoke odor?

Any fluids leaking onto the ground?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No fluids leaking. I'm not sure which type of odor but the mechanic said he hasn't even been able to crank it since I got it there

Since there were no fluids on the ground that means its more than likely electrical smoke form a possible wire short to the battery, alternator, or starter.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.